Beginner Butt Plug Trainer Set by Healthy Vibes Review
Butt Plug Review
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using this link.
Anal was a no-go for me for as long as I remember. I always thought of the butt as an EXIT ONLY. As a teenager, I remember hearing the phrase, “when the red river is flowing, take the dirt road”. Anal sex was gross and I simply didn’t understand how sticking something inside your butt could be pleasurable, let alone sticking butt plugs. I don’t think I even knew what butt plugs were back then. Like come on guys…poo comes out of there and that sh*t is toxic.
After reading quite a few romantic BDSM-type of books (including Fifty Shades of course), my feelings about anal changed. I became more curious about it even researched it online but didn’t find what I was looking for. In an attempt to gain more knowledge I asked friends about it, whether or not they have tried it, whether or not they enjoyed it, and the logistics of it. I questioned quite a few friends/acquaintances (this was no big deal, everyone already knew I was a perv….I don’t consider myself a perv though. I like to think of myself as sexually curious and open). Anyways, one night I when I was working in the salon (I am also a licensed Cosmetologist), I decided to ask a gay coworker about anal figuring he would be the most knowledgeable person.
My gay friend, let’s name him Curt (random name), gave me some advice. He basically said that you need to stretch the hole, prepare it for anal penetration or else it will be very uncomfortable. I thought this was a great plan. Immediately I began my search on Amazon (duh! That’s where I do 90% of my shopping) and found the perfect starter kit. It was a three-piece starter kit rated 4 stars that came with a small beginner size plug, a medium sized plug, and a large plug (looks ginormous and I thought…. “this is supposed to fit where?!”
I started slow, wearing the small one every here and there for a week (****use lube generously!). I then switched to the medium one for a week. When the time came for the giant, I was just a tad scared. Lots of lube and clit stimulation while inserting did the trick. After a few times I figured “f*ck it, let’s give it a go”. What a difference this kit made in my butt play game! If you need an intro lesson to anal full with my personal experiences as a beginner click here. So here’s what I think about the kit:
- 3 sizes for comfortable anal progression: the small butt plug (3.5” x 3), the medium plug
(4.75” x 5.5”), the big guy (5” x 7.25”).
- tapered tip: for easier insertion. I can’t imagine putting one that not tapered into my butt.
- flared base: for easy in and out. You just grab it by the base and slowly push in or pull out. Keyword: SLOWLY.
- Waterproof: basically makes it safer, easier to clean, and can be worn during shower/bath.
- made of premium PVC: safe for the body. Not made of latex (safe for individuals that have latex allergies) or In case you are wondering what phthalate is, it’s a substance added to plastic products to make them more flexible. In a 2015 article by Amy Westervelt, on theguardian.com, research has found this substance quite harmful, linking it to asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity and type II diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development and male fertility issues.
- Falls out: Sometimes it just slides out of my butt. I’m not sure why, but it’s annoying especially when I’m trying to go about my day constantly worrying that a giant black cock is going to slide through my pant leg.
- Size difference: The difference between the small one and the medium one is actually quite large. You get used to it though and perhaps this is a good thing since it forces you to make progress with your sphincter.
Final thoughts on this butt plug set:
Honestly, for $16.99, it’s a steal considering you get 3 plugs. Individually they run you about $9-$10. I personally like the kit and would recommend it for beginners and I agree with the rest of Amazon customer who gave the product a 4-star rating. If it didn’t slide out of my butt, I would give it a 5-star rating.